Hiring: Action taker for Customer Support role at The Foundation
EDITOR'S NOTE: This position has been filled and is no longer open.
Writing this from Dane Maxwell's dining room on a sunny day in Des Moines, Iowa.
We're looking for one lucky person for a foot-in-the-door job willing to be trained and become part of the rockstar team that is the foundation staff. You would start as customer support for the Foundation support team and go as far as you’d like.
Our mission is to help 1,000,000 people get their first customer by 2020.
In line with that, we’re looking for someone who really gets the foundation and want to join an All-Star cast of A-players. We’re looking for someone who: - Has GSD (Get shit done) ability, you skew towards action over perfection. - Loves learning about entrepreneurship and creating a remarkable customer experience - Thrives in crazy chaotic team work environments (We have a team with four full time people and 5-10 contractors who are from all over the world and work remotely.) - Loves optimization and creating systems. - Self starting and self directed because the team is totally virtual. Someone who finds new work to do even when we are too busy to assign something. - Passionate, driven, fun, creative, full of new ideas and contributes energy the team. - Work with enthusiasm and precision - Available during CST business hours - Have a flexible work schedules because sometimes we work super long hours during launch time but then you can take time off to make up for it. - Has very high levels of honesty and Integrity. We let you have a lot of freedom and expect you to be productive with very, very, little supervision. - Very good with Google Docs - Operates like you are the owner of the foundation and it is your baby - Tell us bad news immediately - because good news takes care of itself. We can take bad news, but we don't like it late. - Can send quality emails - Ask smart questions that help them solve problems more efficiently. - Real good relationship with time. You hit deadlines and you are punctual.
Here’s what you’ll be responsible for: - Supporting 1200+ customers at the same time as part of a team. - Answering 100's of customer support requests a day. - Completing mini projects of various types to help the business run smoothly. - Replying to customer support requests - Coordinating the editing of the audio/video files - Coordinating transcription - Uploading all media online (blog, etc) - Creating training programs for new employees or contractors - Creating training videos for staff and customers. - Creating training documentation for staff and customers.
Benefits - The position is totally virtual so you can work from anywhere as long as you have a computer and a good internet connection.
You and I (Deon) will work together to create many of these systems from scratch and implement them. For transcription and editing audio, we will work together to hire a contractor that you will manage.
This a killer opportunity to see behind the scenes of how an awesome marketing company launches new ideas. (Our last launch did almost 7 figures starting with a list of 200 people.)
The support team is the ears and eyes of the foundation. Our job when we do it best it to make the process of going through the foundation as smooth as possible.
If you are interested, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Support Rockstar Application.” We don’t do resumes or cover letters. We simply let your actions and results speak for yourself.
So tell us why you want to work with us and, if it’s amazing, you’ll get your first challenge.
Pay will be discussed when/if you pass the first few challenges. We’re not looking for someone full-time yet… just as a contractor position. But if you’re a rockstar we are not gonna let you go and the possibilities are endless.
The story of how Deon started with the foundation in 10 secs. Deon: "Dane the foundation sucks. It's a disorganized mess and I can fix it. Here is my proposal on exactly how I'm going to fix. I'll also work for free for 2 months to prove myself."
We don’t expect you to work for free for 2 months but it gives you an idea of the calibre and commitment of the people you will work with. Many of the current staff of the foundation created their own job by telling us their vision for how they would make the foundation better. Then they used risk-reversal on us by showing us how good they were before we started paying them.
Do not bother applying if any of the below guidelines are deal breakers for you.
- You don’t really know what the foundation is and what we do. We are looking for someone obsessed with the mission of the foundation. Which is to support entrepreneurs in getting their business to fly.
- You don’t want to challenge me, tell me I’m an idiot if I’m being one. In other words, don’t blindly listen to me. I’m not your boss, we are partners.
- But we do have one boss: The customer. That means we do what’s best for them.
- You must have a track record for completing projects.
- You must be a problem solver. Don’t come to me with problems, come to me with a problem and then the potential solutions for the problem. Then we can brainstorm and pick one of the solutions. I don’t expect you to know solutions to problems, I expect you to consult forums and use google to find solutions to problems on your own. I want an action takes, not someone I have to babysit.
- To complete work on time. (You set time frames, not me, so this shouldn’t be a challenge).
- Most Important. This is NON NEGOTIABLE. Here is the most life changing thing I’ve started doing. It will make both you and I very happy working together: You will spend 5 minutes at the end of each workday sending me a daily update. Your daily update will answer 4 questions: 1) How many hours you worked. 2) What you accomplished (not what you did, but what you accomplished) 3) What problems you encountered, and 4) What questions you have for me.
If we have interest after your initial submission, we will give you a simple but challenging test to be sure your skills are on the level of rockstar.
Lastly, a warning in advance… we only hire A-players so our application process is multiple steps and a lot of work. If you don’t have time to take on a few challenges, it’s probably better to not apply.
If the warning didn’t scare you off, then I can't wait to hear from you.
Click the link below for your first challenge:
Reality Implementer at thefoundation.com
PS Ask any clarification questions in the comments below.